Friday, September 14, 2012

Obagi Nu-Derm system

The goal of the Obagi Nu-Derm system is to lighten blemishes, correct surface discoloration, and create softer more radiant looking skin. It also promotes skin cell renewal, improves circulation and helps rebuild the collagen in your face.

I started using the Obagi Nu-Derm system a few months ago from the recommendation of my dermatologist, and it has created impressive results.  The system has two separate routines, a morning routine and an evening routine. The steps are numbered 1-6, so it's quite easy to follow.  Both routines begin with the same three steps, Foam N Gel (1), Toner (2), and Clear (3). In the morning, after you use Clear (3), you apply the Exforderm Forte (4) and the Healthy Skin Protection SPF35 (6). In the evening, you follow the Clear (3) with a mixture of Retin A (prescription only) and the Blender (5). I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but once you get the hang of it the process is pretty simple. Keep in mind, that while using this product you should avoid the sun at all costs. Sun exposure can cause darker pigmentation on your skin and reverse the effects of this product.

While the Obagi Nu-Derm system is great for the skin, it may not be so great on your pocket book.  The Obagi Nu-Derm system starter kit can cost you a little over $300.  I would recommend that you seek the advice of a dermatologist before using this product because of the Retin A.  The Retin A really is the magic behind the Obagi Nu-Derm System. If you haven't used Retin A before, you're in for a rude awakening because your skin will peel like crazy using this product. The peeling part of it is not pretty, so I would recommend using plenty of moisturizer. However, patience is key to using this product, and the results are well worth it if you can fork out $300 every 3 months.

If you don't have blemishes or sun damaged skin, I don't recommend purchasing this product because there are other products out there (I will recommend in my upcoming blogs) that are affordable and really great for your skin. My dermatologist recommended this product to me because as a teenager I had acne prone skin, so I had a lot blemishes I wanted to get rid of that other products just could not do for me.

Here are some site's where you can purchase Obagi products online.  Keep in mind that Retin A is prescription only, so you will need to see a dermatologist to purchase this magic in a bottle...or should I say tube ;)

www.lovelyskin.com
www.dermstore.com
www.amazon.com
www.skincare-md.com










No comments:

Post a Comment