Thursday, September 20, 2012

Aluminum-Free Deodorants

I bought Tom's of Maine wild lavender aluminum-free deodorant a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. I have to admit, it was very disappointing.  While I love the smell of lavender, it was not enough to make me try it again. I'm a runner, so using a good deodorant is important to me. One might suggest I use a stronger deodorant like Secret, but I refuse to use any type of deodorant that contain harsh chemicals and aluminum.  I have had some medical issues, so I am pretty cautious on what I put in and put on my body. Anyhow, back to Tom's of Maine wild lavender deodorant. Again, it was very disappointing because even when applied a few times, it does very little to cover armpit odor  My armpits felt very sticky and my skin became a little irritated when I applied it after shaving. Overall, I don't recommend wasting your money on this product.


Currently, I have been using Crystal Essence lavender and white mineral deodorant roll-on. It contains no aluminum chlorohydrate or parabens and is hypoallergenic.  It is by far a better deodorant than Tom's of Maine. It provides strong odor protection and keeps my armpits dry all day long.  The lavender scent is lovely and not over powering.  I highly recommend this deodorant for anyone willing to switch to a natural deodorant.  You can find this product at most drugstores and will cost about $3-$5 for a 2.25 oz. bottle depending on where you purchase it from.


1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete